Last updated 26th August 2021
2. What is Personal Information?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable, whether in a material form or not. For example, this may include user name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
3. Why does Checkbox Collect, Receive, and Use Personal Information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose user personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable users to access and use our website and platform;
- to provide clients with our services;
- to enable us to undertake essential administrative and operational tasks, including recruitment, website analytics and optimisation;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send users service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by users;
- to send users marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to users, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think users may find interesting; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
4. What User Information Does Checkbox Collect and Receive?
When a user sets up an account with us we collect:
- full name;
- email address;
- occupational information for enterprise users (i.e. job title);
- details of the user’s use of our services, including any communication with us (i.e. any support requests);
- any information provided through feedback surveys or reviews; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by the user or a third party.
When an individual fills in a form created by a client of ours and hosted through our services we collect the information provided in that form solely for the purpose of providing our services to our client, including support services as required.
When an individual uses our website or otherwise interacts with us online, we may collect:
- the individual’s hashed email, browser session and geo-location data, device and network information (i.e. device ID, device type, geo-location information) statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about the individual’s access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, communications with our online Services, the type of browser an individual is using, the type of operating system an individual is using and the domain name of an individual’s Internet service provider and standard web log information; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or platform accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- signup for our services;
- use our forms;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, platform, content and advertising;
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business; or
- when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from you, from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
In addition, we may, receive personal information (including sensitive information), of a kind not listed above, from our clients and users in the course of providing services to them (especially via the filling of our forms).
Who does Checkbox Disclose the Personal Information of Users to?
- our employees and related bodies corporate to perform the services and for our internal business purposes;
- our clients, as part of the services and in circumstances where that personal information was originally provided to us by that client;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing services to our clients);
- ad retargeting providers for advertising, analytics, lead generation and marketing purposes;
- professional advisers, dealers, business partners and agents;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by users to receive information held by Checkbox; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
The countries to which we send data for the purposes listed above may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If we transfer your personal information to third parties in other countries:
- we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and
6. Our Website and Cookies
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
You do not have to consent to using cookies when you visit. You can also disable them by changing the appropriate settings in your internet browser as shown via the links below;
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Please note, if you disable cookies, you will still be able to use the website, but some of the features may be missing.
We use third party NextRoll’s service ‘AdRoll’ for:
- cross device tracking interest-based advertising, including measurement and analytics in relation to traffic for such advertising;
- to show advertisements for our services to you on third-party sites and to measure and analyse the performance of our advertising campaigns; and
- for our email automation marketing.
We (or NextRoll) use third party cookies and other non-cookies technologies to collect device and browser information, including IP addresses of visitors to our website and hashed identifiers derived from email addresses on our webforms for the above purposes.
You can opt-out of cross-device site advertising (i.e. targeted advertising) by updating your web browser settings or device settings (as applicable) to decline all third party cookies or third party cookies from specific sites. However, sometimes NextRoll uses non-cookie technology which may not be blocked. Therefore, you can also visit and employ the controls described on the NAI”s Mobile Choices page here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
You can learn more about how NextRoll collects and handles your personal information in their Privacy Notice, available here: https://www.nextroll.com/privacy. If you are visiting our website from California, please see NextRoll’s California Resident’s section of NextRoll’s Privacy Notice, available here: https://www.nextroll.com/privacy#service-13
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
10. Accessing or Correcting Personal Information for Users
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
11. User Privacy Complaints
If you think we have breached an applicable privacy law, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Checkbox Technology Pty Ltd,
Level 10, 130 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Email: [email protected]