Checkbox Acceptable Use Policy
Effective starting: 21 April 2020
At Checkbox, we put our heart into empowering anyone to build software. To do this, we need our products and services to continue running smoothly, quickly and without disruption. For this to happen, we need you, our users, to follow one of the Values at Checkbox of #masterempathy and not misuse or abuse our products and services. This includes websites, sub-domains and pages, and any software operated by Checkbox.
To protect our users and community, we reserve the right to remove content that is inconsistent with the spirit of the guidelines in this policy, even if it is not spelt out explicitly.
Here is what we won’t allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our product and services. This prohibition does not apply to security assessments expressly permitted by Checkbox.
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our products and services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the product and services, related systems, networks, or data.
- Introduce malicious programs into Checkbox products, services and systems (e.g. viruses, worms, trojan horses, e-mail bombs).
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the products and services or related systems, network or data.
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services.
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to send request messages to our servers in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the products and services were designed.
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given product or service as described in its corresponding documentation.
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage for music, images and videos etc., in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the products and services were designed.
- Reveal your account password for Checkbox products and services to others or allow use of your account to those who are not intended by Checkbox to have access.
- Send any unsolicited email messages using Checkbox products and services in a way that would be considered spam or any form of harassment.
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Checkbox or any third party).
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services.
- Using our products and services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws).
- Make any unauthorized copy of any copyrighted material owned or licensed by Checkbox.
- Participate in any activities with the intent to interfere or disable any persons’ use of Checkbox products and services.
- Provide content that infringes Checkbox’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right.
- Provide content that is you do not have the right to submit.
- Provide content that is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic, indecent, harassing or hateful.
- Provide content that is attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
- Provide content that encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Checkbox may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Checkbox, in its sole discretion, determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.