Last updated 27th April 2018
What is Personal Information?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include user name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include occupational information for enterprise users.
Why does Checkbox collect, receive, and use personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose user personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable users to access and use our website and platform;
- to enable us to undertake essential administrative and operational tasks, including recruitment, website analytics and optimisation;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send users service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by users;
- to send users marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to users, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think users may find interesting; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
What user information does Checkbox collect and receive?
We may collect and receive the following types of personal information from all users:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- in circumstances where you have visited our website, your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or platform accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, platform, content and advertising;
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business; or
In addition, we may, in limited circumstances, receive personal information (including sensitive information), of a kind not listed above, from our clients and users in the course of providing services to them.
Who does Checkbox disclose the personal information of users to?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- our clients, in circumstances where that personal information was originally provided to us by that client;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing services to our clients);
- professional advisers, dealers, business partners and agents;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by users to receive information held by Checkbox; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Our website and cookies
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
You do not have to consent to using cookies when you visit. You can also disable them by changing the appropriate settings in your internet browser as shown via the links below;
Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Please note, if you disable cookies, you will still be able to use the website, but some of the features may be missing.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting personal information for users
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
User privacy complaints
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Paul Wenck (Checkbox Chairman)
Checkbox Technology Ltd,
17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Thank you for letting Checkbox be a part of your team!